Tuesday, June 24, 2008

knead it out




I woke up on the wrong side of bed. I had a dentist appointment today that I was not looking forward to and I had to make a phone call to a car insurance company that I was looking forward to even less. Weeks ago, on our very first wedding anniversary, Sam and I went to the grocery store to get ingredients to make dinner together and some wine and champagne to celebrate. On our way back, a girl ran right into us.We were taking a protected left and she ran through her light. The back seat door on the passenger side is mangled to the max. It's been about 3 weeks now, I've given them a statement, I've gotten an estimate for the damage, but the company still hasn't established liability. Annoying. Grrrr. Called today and still no word.

I'm frustrated. How will I deal with it? I will make bagels. Kneading is therapeutic and you can just punch the dough if all else fails.
I followed the directions from King Arthur's Flour. Their account of the process looked so pretty, neat, and perfectly rounded. I found the process to be a little bit bumpier... but, it worked! Homemade bagels in the Wukusick apartment!

We're hoping the bagels make the aforementioned car crash and now a huge dentist bill go away.

No comments: