Thursday, July 10, 2008

cross country

I ran cross country in middle school and high school. I was horribly slow and not at all competitive but it was so nice to be on a team. We had great fun together. I still run... but nowhere close to every day. Nowhere close. I wish. I should. We'll see.



We finally have our car back! I called the body shop over and over to tell them I absolutely needed it back by today and they just kept pushing it back. This morning, Sam called and they totally blew him off saying it would be "today or tomorrow" after they had told us yesterday that it would be done at 9:30am today. Reluctantly, I had to call and be really forceful today- I hated it!!!! But, surprise surprise, the car was read 20 minutes after the call. Grrr. My friend Sara is my saving grace for driving me too and from work while it was in the shop. Grace.




Cross country- We're off to the CHARMING midwest. 18 hour drive and then we'll be in Chicago to see my college friend Jenn. She's great; you should meet her. Better yet, you should go out with her in Chicago. Yay! Then it's off to Indiana to see Sam's parents at their beautiful calming and rural home. Stop 3- Northeast Ohio to visit my parents and my great ever-since-middle-school-girlfriends! I'm super excited about seeing these girls. We've been hanging out as a group since we were... 14? The interesting thing is that we're really different in a lot of ways but growing up together makes it easy to realize how great they are. Gab gab gab. Why I am I writing this? I have no idea.

Last night, Sam and our friend John cooked dinner for Sara and I because I was being a SPAZZ. They made spicy chickpeas. I had tried the recipe a few times and made it... not so well. Sam and John, being patient skillful people, followed the recipe and it turned out wonderfully. It was yummy. The end.

2 comments:

well-intentioned heartbreaker said...

Love the part about meeting up with your friends.
Isn't it amazing how you can grow into such different people, but still be such great friends because of that bond you formed?
I love hearing about groups of friends that have been together forever.
HAVE FUN!

Ashley // Our Little Apartment said...

YAY! I get to see you! I have no idea why I'm writing this on your blog! :)