Tuesday, July 8, 2008

guest chef

Teacher summer has been threatened lately by the imposition of professional development. Yuck. I came home tired and hungry. So... GUEST CHEF.

We love this ridiculous picture, because it is ridiculous. This was Sam's first attempt at bread and I forgot to tell him that you have to let the yeast dissolve before you start. He also put the dough in the fridge to rise... which I'm pretty sure is a bad way to rise.... but I'm not sure.

Starving and tired, I realized that the dough was in the fridge and we gave up on this dinner. Instead we walked about a mile from our apt and got some Thai food. It was sufficiently yummy and I was full. All is well- until I drag Sam through Urban Outfitters asking his opinion about clothes I will never buy.

When we got home, I put Sam's bread in the oven and started making my own back-up batch. My back-up has been "rising" for an hour and doesn't seem to have risen at all. Not good.

Sam's bread however... turned out like bread! It's edible and kind of good. Go Sam!


Rereading this, I realized I said "Sam" far too often. I teach English. I should learn to use pronouns.

2 comments:

Ev'Yan || apricot tea. said...

Aw... how cute. :] He made bread!

Ashley // Our Little Apartment said...

Aww. Sam.

Mike is the bread maker in our house/apartment. He's better than I. Mostly, because I always forget we're out of yeast or something, and then have to run to the store or improvise. It's just bad.