Monday, July 7, 2008

indulgences

1.) The Bachelorette (or the Bachelor... depending on the season)-


For a long time I thought I was not a big cheeseball. Actually, I think I thought I was a kind of rough around the edges, closer to tomboy than girly girl, kind of concoction of a human being. However, I now realize that I am a big mush. I gush. I cry about Deanna giving out her last rose. Season finale: annoying as all get out because they show you the same clips over and over and over again for two hours BUT adorable because they seem happy! Don't you want everyone to fall in love and have a perfect marriage (if they so choose)....? I do. Woah, cheeziness. If you haven't been watching, you can watch the full season on-line on abc.com. Sickening corporate promotion. What is wrong with me!?!
2.) Socially Responsible Ice Cream!!!!!


Ben & Jerry's rules the world and rocks my socks. Their commitment to running a socially responsible business proved to people with money (and without it) that socially equitable companies can succeed and improve their communities. Also, on my beloved instant Netflix, you can watch a documentary about B&J in the Special Interest-Wine and Food Section. great.

Boulder Ice Cream. New treasure I picked up at Whole Foods. I've only tried the Italian Espresso so far but it was heaven... while watching the Bachelorette. This company is possibly/probably better than Ben & Jerry's (B&J had to sell out to a major corporation in the 90s and still has influence about social responsibility... but not as much.) Check out their website and read the sweet things they are doing.


I love socially responsible businesses. I would work for Boulder Ice Cream in a heartbeat. Hear that BIC? Hire me. Or send me free ice cream.*

*If you go to their website you can click on a free ice cream tab and get a coupon for $1 off two pints. I guess that's $1 of free ice cream.

3.) Books! I love them. I swear I don't spend all my time watching horrible television and eating fattening foods.

My library books are overdue. I'm going to leave it at that for now.

Peace, love, and RBGH free dairy.

4 comments:

well-intentioned heartbreaker said...

haha, i was eating ben & jerry's while watching the bachelorette too =)

Ev'Yan || apricot tea. said...

Mmm, I adore Ben & Jerry. They are my little misters (man form of a mistress) from time to time. My favorite flavors are Chunky Monkey & Half Baked.

CookiePie said...

You know, I think with socially responsible ice cream, it would be wrong NOT to eat it. It would especially be wrong to not eat Chubby Hubby, Phish Food and the one that's like apple pie.

Ashley // Our Little Apartment said...

You and the Bachelor/ette. I find it hilarious that you love that show so much. :) (Because, YES. I remember your anti-lovey dovey days.)

Ben & Jerry's is the best thing that ever happened to the world. Yummy.