Saturday, July 5, 2008

Simple and Glorious

I love pancakes. Love LOve LOVe LOVE. They are so simple and so perfect. Quick but wholesome. Light and fluffy. Easy and PERFECT.

I do not love maple syrup. The real thing is better than the corn syrup in a squeeze bottle version, but I still don't like it.

Instead, just heat up whatever fruit you have in a pot on low heat and use that as a topping. It's much more delicious, very easy to make, and I'm sure it's better for you. Today I used frozen peaches and a frozen berry mix (organic frozen fruits from Whole Foods are a good bet) just because that's what I had. Fresh fruits are great if you have them around. Bananas, peaches, and berries are my favorite.

I also love playing Scrabble while eating pancakes. I was in a great mood this morning kicking my hubby's bottom... until his very last turn. I was winning by about 30 and we both felt like the game was over. Then, at the last minute, he got over 50 points on a long triple word score. Oh the sting of defeat. Oh well, the pancakes were great.

4 comments:

Ev'Yan || apricot tea. said...

I just stumbled into you blog from your 20sb profile & I instantly smiled to see that you enjoy 2 of my most favorite things: pancakes & scrabble! Yum. :]

& also, I usually kick my husband's butt at scrabble, too. Except, he beat the pants off of me last night.

Anonymous said...

I've never even considered heating up fruit to use as a pancake topping. Where have I been?

well-intentioned heartbreaker said...

heating up fruit for a topping instead of syrup is SUCH a good idea. totally using that!
THANK YOUUUU!!

ShellyH said...

Welcome to the foodie blog roll. I love pancakes too but I hate maple syrup or any type of pancake syrup so I am always topping mine with fresh fruit, cream cheese, etc.